Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Dreaded Money Issue

So I was chatting with my mother the other day about how her and my father decided to do everything joint. She was shocked - there is another way to do it?
Needless to say, not helpful. Currently, we have a joint account to pay bills out of and we work on a fair amount that I pay and a fair amount that he pays for rent. We are lucky enough to not be dealing with any school loans on my end but he has a bunch. In the present, he takes only minimal financial support/help from me.

But after the wedding, are we going to continue things the way they are? Will he allow me to help more (I hope!)? What about when we get a house and have kids? Will this one joint account continue to work?
What are all your plans out there? What do you currently do?

1 comment:

  1. We have separate accounts but I could imagine that when we get married, I will keep my separate savings account and he will keep his, but we will usually use a joint account. He helps me out a lot with my things when I run low.

    ReplyDelete